Nevada Public Schools
- Nevada is the #42 largest school system in the United States, serving 456,427 students across 662 public schools.
- Nevada public schools have a diversity score of 0.47, which is higher than the national average of 0.31.
- Minority enrollment is 65% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 21:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NV) School Average
Two or more races
Nevada Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools8,242 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools3,849 Students36% Minority
- 376 Schools337,359 Students71% Minority
- 15 Schools6,320 Students34% Minority
- 36 Schools10,041 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools74 Students43% Minority
- 4 Schools247 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools3,473 Students44% Minority
- 6 Schools1,049 Students41% Minority
- 9 Schools996 Students21% Minority
- 18 Schools8,082 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools479 Students43% Minority
- 23 Schools5,149 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools692 Students46% Minority
- 3 Schools359 Students19% Minority
- 112 Schools68,591 Students54% Minority
- 13 Schools1,425 Students27% Minority
March 09, 2018
We examine the rise in atheist club in public schools across the country – and how the push for Christian clubs may have inadvertently spurred this growth.
March 05, 2018
Changes instigated by the Trump Administration have been met with a great deal of controversy but one of the biggest debates within the education sector is in regard to integration and charter schools. Keep reading to learn more about the charter school debate and what you should know as a parent.
March 05, 2018
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.