Nevada Public Schools
- Nevada is the #42 largest school system in the United States, serving 467,832 students across 673 public schools.
- Nevada public schools have a diversity score of 0.70, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 66% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NV) School Average
Two or more races
Nevada Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools8,191 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools3,763 Students36% Minority
- 385 Schools346,044 Students72% Minority
- 15 Schools6,409 Students36% Minority
- 35 Schools10,327 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools78 Students50% Minority
- 4 Schools259 Students17% Minority
- 15 Schools3,487 Students45% Minority
- 4 Schools1,001 Students41% Minority
- 11 Schools1,006 Students24% Minority
- 18 Schools8,129 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools505 Students45% Minority
- 24 Schools5,056 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools1,924 Students59% Minority
- 3 Schools362 Students18% Minority
- 113 Schools69,865 Students54% Minority
- 13 Schools1,426 Students28% Minority
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.