Nevada Public Schools
- Nevada is the #42 largest school system in the United States, serving 456,427 students across 662 public schools.
- Nevada public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.70, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 65% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 21:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NV) School Average
Two or more races
Nevada Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools8,242 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools3,849 Students36% Minority
- 376 Schools337,359 Students71% Minority
- 15 Schools6,320 Students34% Minority
- 36 Schools10,041 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools74 Students43% Minority
- 4 Schools247 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools3,473 Students44% Minority
- 6 Schools1,049 Students41% Minority
- 9 Schools996 Students21% Minority
- 18 Schools8,082 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools479 Students43% Minority
- 23 Schools5,149 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools692 Students46% Minority
- 3 Schools359 Students19% Minority
- 112 Schools68,591 Students54% Minority
- 13 Schools1,425 Students27% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.