Nevada Public Schools
- Nevada is the #42 largest school system in the United States, serving 456,427 students across 662 public schools.
- Nevada public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.70, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 65% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 21:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NV) School Average
Two or more races
Nevada Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools8,242 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools3,849 Students36% Minority
- 376 Schools337,359 Students71% Minority
- 15 Schools6,320 Students34% Minority
- 36 Schools10,041 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools74 Students43% Minority
- 4 Schools247 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools3,473 Students44% Minority
- 6 Schools1,049 Students41% Minority
- 9 Schools996 Students21% Minority
- 18 Schools8,082 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools479 Students43% Minority
- 23 Schools5,149 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools692 Students46% Minority
- 3 Schools359 Students19% Minority
- 112 Schools68,591 Students54% Minority
- 13 Schools1,425 Students27% Minority
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.