Top Nevada Public Schools
- Nevada is the #42 largest school system in the United States, serving 467,832 students across the top 673 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Nevada public schools have a diversity score of 0.47, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 66% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NV) School Average
Two or more races
Top Nevada Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools8,191 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools3,763 Students36% Minority
- 385 Schools346,044 Students72% Minority
- 15 Schools6,409 Students36% Minority
- 35 Schools10,327 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools78 Students50% Minority
- 4 Schools259 Students17% Minority
- 15 Schools3,487 Students45% Minority
- 4 Schools1,001 Students41% Minority
- 11 Schools1,006 Students24% Minority
- 18 Schools8,129 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools505 Students45% Minority
- 24 Schools5,056 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools1,924 Students59% Minority
- 3 Schools362 Students18% Minority
- 113 Schools69,865 Students54% Minority
- 13 Schools1,426 Students28% Minority
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.