Corning High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,000 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 71%
- Graduation Rate: 95% (Top 30% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Corning High School's ranking?
Corning High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10-14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Corning High School?
The graduation rate of Corning High School is 95%, which is higher than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Corning High School?
1,000 students attend Corning High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
63% of Corning High School students are Hispanic, 29% of students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Corning High School?
Corning High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Corning High School offer ?
Corning High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Corning High School part of?
Corning High School is part of Corning Union High School District.
Review Corning High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities