Coronado Village Elementary School
Coronado Village Elementary School serves 609 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Coronado Village Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 609 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 37%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 72% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 75% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Coronado Village Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Coronado Village Elementary School's student population of 609 students has declined by 24% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Coronado Village Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Coronado Village Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#818 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Review Coronado Village Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.