Corral Drive Elementary - 21
Corral Drive Elementary - 21 serves 470 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Corral Drive Elementary - 21 placed in the top 5% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the South Dakota state average of 30% (majority American Indian).
Corral Drive Elementary - 21 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Corral Drive Elementary - 21's student population of 470 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Corral Drive Elementary - 21 is ranked within the top 5% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Corral Drive Elementary - 21 is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#24 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SD Dept. of Education
The teachers at Corral Drive are amazing. They create engaging lessons for the students to help them learn the content. I am proud that my children attended the school.
Simply put, there are better choices for schools out there. The method of teaching is neither productive or efficient -- as a former student of Corral Drive Elementary, I can attest to this. Material taught in the classroom is well below average.
Review Corral Drive Elementary - 21. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.
Gender Identity Becomes Controversial Issue in Boston Public Schools
We report on a new policy in Massachusetts that impacts one of the largest school districts in the country, as well as the rest of the state. The gender identity policy strives to ensure all students are treated equally, but it is not without plenty of concern by opponents.
Urban Public Schools Come to the Rescue of Black Boys
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.