- Crestwood Intermediate's student population of 744 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||744 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Crestwood Intermediate is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1258 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chesapeake City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesapeake Crestwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 573 students
1420 Great Bridge Blvd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 494-7560 0.2 6-8 573
- Chesapeake B.m. Williams Primary Grades: PK-2 | 928 students
1100 Battlefield Blvd N
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 547-0238 1.5 PK-2 928
- Chesapeake Portlock Primary Grades: PK-2 | 603 students
1857 Varsity Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23324
(757) 494-7555 1.9 PK-2 603
- Chesapeake Cedar Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 858 students
1605 Cedar Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23322
(757) 547-0166 2.7 PK-5 858
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.