- Dayton Center's student population of 231 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dayton Center is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#376 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southeast Webster Grand Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Dayton Center is Southeast Valley High School (11.5 miles away)
- The nearest middle school and elementary school is Southeast Webster-grand Southeast Valley Middle School (6.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burnside Southeast Webster-grand Southeast Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 337 students
30850 Paragon Ave.
Burnside, IA 50521
(515) 359-2235 6.0 5-8 337
- Stratford Stratford Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 82 students
1000 Shakespeare Ave
Stratford, IA 50249
(515) 838-2208 7.4 PK-6 82
- Gowrie Southeast Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 321 students
1005 Riddle St
Gowrie, IA 50543
(515) 352-3142 11.5 9-12 321
- Ogden Ogden Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 205 students
313 W Sycamore
Ogden, IA 50212
(515) 275-2912 15.2 5-8 205
- Ogden Howe Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 273 students
307 Se 2nd St
Ogden, IA 50212
(515) 275-2795 15.6 PK-4 273
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.