De Anza Elementary School serves 640 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
De Anza Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equal to the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 640 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 90%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
De Anza Elementary School's student population of 640 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
De Anza Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of De Anza Elementary School is 0.42, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is De Anza Elementary School's ranking?
De Anza Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What schools are De Anza Elementary School often compared to?
De Anza Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Clayton A. Record Jr. Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend De Anza Elementary School?
640 students attend De Anza Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
75% of De Anza Elementary School students are Hispanic, 10% of students are White, 7% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of De Anza Elementary School?
De Anza Elementary School has a student ration of 21:1, which is equal to the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does De Anza Elementary School offer ?
De Anza Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is De Anza Elementary School part of?
De Anza Elementary School is part of San Jacinto Unified School District.
Review De Anza Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Measles in School: A Parent’s Guide
Measles, the once eradicated disease, has made a comeback in the U.S. in recent months, and a recent study estimates only 50% of people are immunized. The outbreak has raised questions about immunizations and the safety of children in public schools. Learn how to keep your children healthy and reduce their measles risk.
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.