Dehesa Elementary School
Dehesa Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Dehesa Elementary School's student population of 145 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dehesa Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#6170 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dehesa Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Dehesa Elementary School is Inspire Charter - South (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cajon Inspire Charter - South Grades: K-12 | 4,183 students
4612 Dehesa Rd.
El Cajon, CA 92019
(626) 932-1802 0.1 K-12 4,183
- Murrieta Methodschools Grades: K-12 | 114 students
4612 Dehesa Rd
Murrieta, CA 92562
(760) 224-0758 0.1 K-12 114
- El Cajon Valiant Academy Of Southern California Grades: K-12 | 726 students
4612 Dehesa Rd.
El Cajon, CA 91764
(909) 287-3487 0.1 K-12 726
- El Cajon Crest Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 133 students
2000 Suncrest Blvd.
El Cajon, CA 92021
(858) 558-3128 1.9 K-5 133
- Jamul Jamul Intermediate Grades: 4-5 | 110 students
14545 Lyons Valley Rd.
Jamul, CA 91935
(619) 669-7900 3.5 4-5 110
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.