Del Mar High School
Del Mar High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Del Mar High School's student population of 60 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Del Mar High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8263 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Gabriel Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Options For Youth San Gabriel Grades: 7-12 | 2,069 students
405 S. San Gabriel Blvd., Ste.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 685-9300 0.5 7-12 2,069
- San Gabriel Washington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 513 students
300 N. San Marino Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
(626) 282-3926 0.6 K-5 513
- San Gabriel San Gabriel High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,151 students
801 Ramona St.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 943-6810 0.7 9-12 2,151
- San Gabriel Coolidge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 357 students
421 N. Mission Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
(626) 282-6952 1.0 K-5 357
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.