Washington Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School's student population of 487 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||487 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2141 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Gabriel Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Gabriel Coolidge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 379 students
421 N. Mission Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
(626)282-6952 0.5 K-5 379
- San Gabriel Del Mar High School Grades: 10-12 | 51 students
312 S. Del Mar Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626)291-5723 0.6 10-12 51
- Alhambra Granada Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 454 students
100 S. Granada Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)943-3600 0.9 K-8 454
- Pasadena Options For Youth San Gabriel Grades: 7-12 | 1039 students
405 S. San Gabriel Blvd., Ste.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)921-8200 1.0 7-12 1039
- San Gabriel San Gabriel High School Grades: 9-12 | 2216 students
801 Ramona St.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626)943-6810 1.0 9-12 2216
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.