Wilson Elementary School
- Wilson Elementary School's student population of 340 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wilson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1853 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Gabriel Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Gabriel Emperor Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 687 students
6415 Muscatel Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
(626)548-5084 0.6 K-6 687
- San Marino Carver Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 618 students
3100 Hntngtn Dr.
San Marino, CA 91108
(626)299-7080 0.7 K-5 618
- San Marino San Marino High School Grades: 9-12 | 1119 students
2701 Hntngtn Dr.
San Marino, CA 91108
(626)299-7020 0.8 9-12 1119
- San Gabriel Jefferson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1207 students
1372 E. Las Tunas Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626)287-5260 1.1 6-8 1207
- Temple City Oak Avenue Intermediate Grades: 7-8 | 919 students
6623 Oak Ave.
Temple City, CA 91780
(626)548-5060 1.1 7-8 919
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.