Washington Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School's student population of 393 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||24:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Compton Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Compton Dickison Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 827 students
905 N. Aranbe St.
Compton, CA 90220
(310)898-6160 0.5 K-6 827
- Compton Rosecrans Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 470 students
1301 N. Acacia Ave.
Compton, CA 90227
(310)898-6360 0.6 K-5 470
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.