Washington Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School's student population of 393 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7802 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||24:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Compton Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Compton Dickison Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 827 students
905 N. Aranbe St.
Compton, CA 90220
(310)898-6160 0.5 K-6 827
- Compton Rosecrans Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 470 students
1301 N. Acacia Ave.
Compton, CA 90227
(310)898-6360 0.6 K-5 470
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.