Denton Elementary School
- Denton Elementary School's student population of 694 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||694 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Denton Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#587 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caroline County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denton Lockerman Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 876 students
410 Lockerman St
Denton, MD 21629
(410) 479-2760 1.3 6-8 876
- Ridgely Caroline Career & Technology Center
10855 Central Ave
Ridgely, MD 21660
(410) 479-0100 2.6 n/a n/a
- Ridgely North Caroline High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,114 student
10990 River Rd
Ridgely, MD 21660
(410) 479-2332 3.0 9-12 1,114
- Greensboro Greensboro Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 814 students
625 N Main St
Greensboro, MD 21639
(410) 482-6251 7.9 PK-5 814
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.