Douglas Macarthur Elementary School
Douglas Macarthur Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Douglas Macarthur Elementary School's student population of 465 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2012)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||465 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Douglas Macarthur Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#216 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Crown Point Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Lake Jane Ball Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 539 students
13313 Parrish St
Cedar Lake, IN 46303
(219) 374-3700 1.8 PK-5 539
- Cedar Lake Hanover Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 525 students
10631 W 141st St
Cedar Lake, IN 46303
(219) 374-3500 2.0 6-8 525
- Crown Point Crown Point High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,784 students
1500 S Main St
Crown Point, IN 46307
(219) 663-4885 2.8 9-12 2,784
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.