East Central High School
- East Central High School's student population of 1,310 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,310 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Central High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#888 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sunman-Dearborn Com Sch Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brookville Sunman-dearborn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 931 students
8356 Schuman Rd
Brookville, IN 47012
(812)576-3500 0.1 6-8 931
- West Harrison North Dearborn Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 643 students
27650 Sawmill Road
West Harrison, IN 47060
(812)576-1900 3.3 K-5 643
- Sunman Ripley-ohio-dearborn Sp Ed Coop
925 N Meridian St Ste 100
Sunman, IN 47041
(812)623-2212 6.9 n/a n/a
- Sunman Sunman Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 398 students
925 N Meridian
Sunman, IN 47041
(812)623-2235 6.9 K-5 398
- Harrison Harrison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 591 students
600 E Broadway St
Harrison, OH 45030
(513)367-4161 8.8 K-5 591
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.