East Chapel Hill High School
- The student population of 1411 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,411 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.66 is equal to the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Chapel Hill-carrboro City s School District's student population of 12,090 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 98% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $10,587 in this district is less than the state average of $10,864. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,188 is higher than the state average of $10,591. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four years.
|School District Name||Chapel Hill-carrboro City s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||12,090||912|
|District Total Revenue||$131 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$138 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,587||$10,864|
|District Spending / Student||$11,188||$10,591|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CarrboroPace AcademyGrades: 9-12 | 111 students
308 Nc 54
Carrboro, NC 27510
- Chapel HillPhillips Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 621 students
606 N Estes Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Chapel HillEphesus Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 428 students
1495 Ephesus Church Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Chapel HillEstes Hills Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 479 students
500 N Estes Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Chapel HillChapel Hill High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1439 students
1709 High School Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Overall, the teachers are very good. However, like anywhere there are exceptions due to bad tenure, etc. The selection of courses is broad, including Honors and AP's. Academics is very extremely competitive. This school has an exceptionally strong music department. All sports other than football are excellent. Basketball, Soccer, Lacrosse and tennis are more popular than football. The facility and grounds are relatively new and very well-maintained. Good choice of healthy, contemporary lunch food. Very diverse and respectful student body. Overall a very liberal-leaning school, like the town (see school newspaper). However, there are some teachers with moderate views. As in most cases/places, better to keep your politics to yourself. It's a very driven environment, so most importantly, it needs to be a good match for a student that's comfortable with that type of high expectations.
- Posted by Parent - ecoll