East Newton Elementary School
- East Newton Elementary School's student population of 529 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||529 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Newton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#578 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Newton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covington Eastside High School Grades: 9-12 | 1395 students
10245 By Pass Rd
Covington, GA 30014
(770)784-2920 3.3 9-12 1395
- Mansfield Mansfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 439 students
45 E Third Ave
Mansfield, GA 30055
(770)784-2948 3.8 PK-5 439
- Covington Indian Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 947 students
11051 By Pass Rd
Covington, GA 30014
(770)385-6453 3.9 6-8 947
- Covington Fairview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 513 students
3325 Fairview Rd
Covington, GA 30016
(770)784-2959 5.2 PK-5 513
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.