Eaton Elementary School serves 269 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Eaton Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 269 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 4%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Eaton Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Eaton Elementary School's student population of 269 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Eaton Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Eaton Elementary School is 0.08, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#438 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Eaton Elementary School's ranking?
Eaton Elementary School is ranked #438 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Indiana.
What schools are Eaton Elementary School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Eaton Elementary School?
269 students attend Eaton Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
96% of Eaton Elementary School students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Eaton Elementary School?
Eaton Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does Eaton Elementary School offer ?
Eaton Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Eaton Elementary School part of?
Eaton Elementary School is part of Delaware Community School Corp School District.
Review Eaton Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.