Elmwood Elementary School
Elmwood Elementary School serves 537 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Elmwood Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 85-89% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 63%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80-84% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Ohio state average of 30% (majority Black).
Elmwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Elmwood Elementary School's student population of 537 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Elmwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,233 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Elmwood Elementary School is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#321 out of 3233 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OH Dept. of Education
Review Elmwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.