Emerson Elementary School
- Emerson Elementary School's student population of 570 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Emerson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7199 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Compton Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Compton Compton Unified Rop Grades: 9-12
700 N. Bullis Rd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310)898-6000 0.5 9-12 n/a
- Compton Kelly Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 981 students
2320 E. Alondra Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310)898-6410 0.8 K-8 981
- Compton Compton High School Grades: 9-12 | 1673 students
601 S. Acacia St.
Compton, CA 90220
(310)635-3881 0.9 9-12 1673
- Long Beach King Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 737 students
145 E. Artesia Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)428-1232 0.9 K-5 737
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.