Emilio Del Toro Cuevas
Emilio Del Toro Cuevas serves 131 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Emilio Del Toro Cuevas placed in the top 30% of all schools in Puerto Rico for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the Puerto Rico state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Puerto Rico state average of 100% (majority Hispanic).
Emilio Del Toro Cuevas ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Puerto Rico for:
Emilio Del Toro Cuevas's student population of 131 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Emilio Del Toro Cuevas is ranked within the top 30% of all 836 schools in Puerto Rico (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Emilio Del Toro Cuevas is 0.02, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.00. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PR)
Overall Testing Rank
#185 out of 836 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PR Dept. of Education
Review Emilio Del Toro Cuevas. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.