Ephesus Elementary School serves 155 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Ephesus Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-69% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-59% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Georgia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Georgia state average of 63% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 155 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in GA
- Math Proficiency: 60-69% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Ephesus Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
Most improved public schools
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Ephesus Elementary School's student population of 155 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 45% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ephesus Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,168 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Ephesus Elementary School is 0.13, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#186 out of 2168 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ephesus Elementary School's ranking?
Ephesus Elementary School is ranked #186 out of 2,168 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Georgia.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% GA state average), while 50-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% GA state average).
How many students attend Ephesus Elementary School?
155 students attend Ephesus Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
93% of Ephesus Elementary School students are White, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ephesus Elementary School?
Ephesus Elementary School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Georgia state average of 14:1.
What grades does Ephesus Elementary School offer ?
Ephesus Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Ephesus Elementary School part of?
Ephesus Elementary School is part of Heard County School District.
Review Ephesus Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.