Roopville Elementary School
- Roopville Elementary School's student population of 388 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roopville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#254 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carroll County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carrollton Central Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1048 students
175 Primary School Rd
Carrollton, GA 30116
(770)832-6466 6.5 PK-5 1048
- Franklin Centralhatchee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 198 students
315 Centralhatchee Pkwy
Franklin, GA 30217
(770)854-4002 6.9 PK-5 198
- Carrollton Carrollton Middle-upper Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 1112 students
151 Tom Reeve Dr
Carrollton, GA 30117
(770)830-0997 7.0 4-6 1112
- Carrollton Carrollton Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 793 students
510 Ben Scott Blvd
Carrollton, GA 30117
(770)832-6535 7.2 7-8 793
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.