Escalante School places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Escalante School's student population of 92 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Escalante School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#35 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GARFIELD DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Escalante Escalante High School Grades: 7-12 | 67 students
800 E Highway 12, 800 East Hwy
Escalante, UT 84726
(435)826-4205 1.0 7-12 67
- Boulder Boulder School Grades: PK-6 | 13 students
50 Sch House Ln, 50 Sch House
Boulder, UT 84716
(435)335-7322 13.4 PK-6 13
- Antimony Antimony School Grades: K-6 | 16 students
140 N Highway 22, 140 N Hwy 22
Antimony, UT 84712
(435)624-3221 23.3 K-6 16
- Tropic Bryce Valley High School Grades: 7-12 | 129 students
721 W Bryce Way, 721 W Bryce W
Tropic, UT 84776
(435)679-8835 29.1 7-12 129
- Tropic Bryce Valley School Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
500 W Center, 500 W Center
Tropic, UT 84776
(435)679-8619 29.1 PK-6 175
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.