F. W. Buchholz High School
F. W. Buchholz High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- F. W. Buchholz High School's student population of 2,252 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,252 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- F. W. Buchholz High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alachua School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to F. W. Buchholz High School is Alachua Mycroschool Of Integrated Academics And Technologies High School (3.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Westwood Middle School (2.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Myra Terwilliger Elementary School (1.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Myra Terwilliger Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 712 students
301 Nw 62nd St
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352)955-6717 1.6 PK-5 712
- Gainesville Westwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 940 students
3215 Nw 15th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352)955-6718 2.0 6-8 940
- Gainesville Glen Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 492 students
2826 Nw 31st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352)955-6708 2.2 PK-5 492
- Gainesville William S. Talbot Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 717 students
5701 Nw 43rd St
Gainesville, FL 32653
(352)955-6716 2.2 PK-5 717
a. Quality of academic programs - Great! b. Availability of music, art, sports, and other extracurricular activities - There are plenty of them. If there isn't one you want, you just make a group for one! c. Academic or athletic awards - They award what needs to be awarded d. Facilities - Very clean e. Level of parent involvement - Parents are encouraged to be involved at the school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - wanks
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.