Fairfax High School
Fairfax High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Fairfax High School's student population of 68 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fairfax High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Fairfax High School is Fairfax R-iii School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 552 school districts in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Fairfax R-iii School District's student population of 145 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,275 is higher than the state average of $9,726. The district revenue/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,416 is higher than the state average of $9,907. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Fairfax R-iii School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||145||569|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|District Graduation Rate||≥50%|
|District Total Revenue||$2 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,275||$9,726|
|District Spending / Student||$13,416||$9,907|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfax Fairfax Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
500 Main St
Fairfax, MO 64446
(660)686-2851 0.0 PK-6 77
- Fairfax Community For Kids Elementary School Grades: PK
104 Main St.
Fairfax, MO 64446
(660)686-2489 0.3 PK n/a
- Tarkio Tarkio Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 197 students
1201 Pine St
Tarkio, MO 64491
(660)736-4177 6.8 PK-6 197
- Tarkio Tarkio High School Grades: 7-12 | 123 students
312 S Eleventh St
Tarkio, MO 64491
(660)736-4118 6.9 7-12 123
- Rock Port Rock Port Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 189 students
600 S Nebraska St
Rock Port, MO 64482
(660)744-6294 8.3 PK-6 189
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.