Ferndale Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 300 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 32%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 37% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 38% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
37% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 38% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Ferndale Elementary School?
300 students attend Ferndale Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
68% of Ferndale Elementary School students are White, 22% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ferndale Elementary School?
Ferndale Elementary School has a student ration of 17:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Ferndale Elementary School offer ?
Ferndale Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
Review Ferndale Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities