Fifty-ninth Street Elementary School
Fifty-ninth Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Fifty-ninth Street Elementary School's student population of 361 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fifty-ninth Street Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9327 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Celerity Octavia Charter Grades: K-8 | 415 students
3010 Estara Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)344-3622 0.3 K-8 415
- Los Angeles Alliance Ouchi-o'donovan 6-12 Complex Grades: 6-12 | 1010 students
5356 S. Fifth Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)596-2290 0.5 6-12 1010
- Los Angeles Angeles Mesa Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 394 students
2611 W. 52nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
(323)294-5103 0.6 K-5 394
- Los Angeles Yes Academy Grades: K-5 | 612 students
3140 Hyde Park Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
(323)778-4992 0.6 K-5 612
- Lancaster Assurance Learning Academy Grades: K-12 | 955 students
5701 S. W.ern Ave.
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661)272-1225 0.7 K-12 955
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.