Foster Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 446 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 32% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Foster Elementary School?
446 students attend Foster Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
83% of Foster Elementary School students are Hispanic, 14% of students are Black, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Foster Elementary School?
Foster Elementary School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Foster Elementary School offer ?
Foster Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Foster Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities