Freedom High School
- The student population of 3281 students has grown by 5% over five years.
- The teacher population of 149 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,281 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||149 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 21:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.64 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Orange School District's student population of 190,894 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 68% has increased from 66% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,867 in this district is less than the state average of $11,888. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,787 is less than the state average of $12,571. The district spending/student has declined by 7% over four years.
|School District Name||Orange School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||190,894||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$1,806 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,792 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,867||$11,888|
|District Spending / Student||$9,787||$12,571|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OrlandoFreedom Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 1040 students
2850 W Taft Vineland Rd
Orlando, FL 32837
- OrlandoWaterbridge Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 1137 students
11100 Galvin Dr
Orlando, FL 32837
- OrlandoJohn Young Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 713 students
12550 Marsfield Ave
Orlando, FL 32837
- OrlandoSimon Youth Found Academy At Outlet MktplceGrades: 10-12 | 59 students
5253 International Dr Ste B4/b
Orlando, FL 32819
- OrlandoProject Compass High SchoolGrades: 7-12 | 37 students
7531 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32809
I don't believe this school is in it for the student. It is in it for the numbers on the FCAT testing. Just take a look at the signs that they wasted money on that they are an A school. They are terminating teachers because the principal doesn't like the teaching methods (very unfair!). When you contact guidance they give you attitude and that is even if you can get in touch with them. I am so glad my daughter is graduating! Good Luck to anyone that goes here.
- Posted by Parent - colle
This is my son's second yearr at FHS. He absolutely loves the school. The drama/music areas have very dedicated instructors and the academics are challenging. He had a bit of trouble with the teaching style of a 9th grade math teacher but other than that, we are very happy with this school. The facilities are clean and the environment is very supportive.
- Posted by Parent - carla
I have a concern over the way that athletics team members are choose. For example I was at the basball try-outs and Freedom coaches keep selecting the same students and or family of a selected group over the best player in the field. Freedom High School Baseball Team is not a good contender but they reject players that over skill most of the player they selected. Seems like no matter how good a baseball player can be there is not a chance for him unless he belong to the special group.
- Posted by Parent - Laboy