Frostproof Middle/senior High School
- Frostproof Middle/senior High School's student population of 1,135 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||1,135 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Frostproof Middle/senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2815 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Polk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostproof Ben Hill Griffin Junior Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 420 students
501 Mcleod Rd
Frostproof, FL 33843
(863) 635-7820 0.6 3-5 420
- Frostproof Frostproof Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 462 students
118 3rd St W
Frostproof, FL 33843
(863) 635-7802 1.1 PK-2 462
- Bartow Polk County Sheriff's Central Center Grades: 6-12 | 43 students
2390 Bob Phillips Rd
Bartow, FL 33830
(863) 519-3611 3.6 6-12 43
- Babson Park Dale R Fair Babson Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 470 students
815 Scenic Hwy N
Babson Park, FL 33827
(863) 678-4664 5.0 K-5 470
- Lake Wales Bok Academy Grades: 6-8 | 607 students
13895 Hwy 27
Lake Wales, FL 33859
(863) 638-1010 5.9 6-8 607
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.