Furgeson (venn W.) Elementary School
Furgeson (venn W.) Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Furgeson (venn W.) Elementary School's student population of 417 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Furgeson (venn W.) Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#5214 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||ABC Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hawaiian Gardens Hawaiian Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 397 students
12350 E. 226th St.
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
(562)229-7865 0.5 K-6 397
- Lakewood Aloha Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 372 students
11737 E. 214th St.
Lakewood, CA 90715
(562)229-7825 0.7 K-6 372
- Long Beach Newcomb Academy Grades: K-8 | 882 students
3351 Val Verde Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)421-8851 0.7 K-8 882
- Lakewood Melbourne (ella P.) Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 527 students
21314 Claretta Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90715
(562)229-7885 0.8 K-6 527
It was an amazing school and I have a good experience.
- Posted by Parent - Yama
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.