Garfield Elementary School
- Garfield Elementary School's student population of 721 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||721 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garfield Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#5469 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pasadena Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Thomas Hancock Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 446 students
9604 Minnesota St
Pasadena, TX 77502
(713)740-0243 0.5 PK-4 446
- Houston Earnesteen Milstead Middle School Grades: 5-6 | 794 students
Houston, TX 77034
(713)740-5238 0.8 5-6 794
- Houston Freeman Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 507 students
2323 Theta St
Houston, TX 77034
(713)740-0568 0.8 PK-4 507
- Houston Jessup Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 680 students
9301 Almeda Genoa Rd
Houston, TX 77075
(713)740-0616 1.3 PK-4 680
- Houston Meador Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 604 students
10701 Seaford Dr
Houston, TX 77089
(713)740-0648 1.4 PK-4 604
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.