Garfield Elementary School serves 58 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Garfield Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 58 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 12%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 60-79% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-79% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Garfield Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Garfield Elementary School's student population of 58 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Garfield Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Garfield Elementary School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#316 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Garfield Elementary School's ranking?
Garfield Elementary School is ranked #316 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-79% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 60-79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Garfield Elementary School?
58 students attend Garfield Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
88% of Garfield Elementary School students are White, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 5% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Garfield Elementary School?
Garfield Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Garfield Elementary School offer ?
Garfield Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Garfield Elementary School part of?
Garfield Elementary School is part of Garfield Elementary School District.
Review Garfield Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.