Winship Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 366 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 57%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 18% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 27% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
18% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 27% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Winship Middle School?
366 students attend Winship Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
43% of Winship Middle School students are White, 26% of students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Two or more races, 8% of students are American Indian, 8% of students are Asian, 2% of students are Black, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Winship Middle School?
Winship Middle School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Winship Middle School offer ?
Winship Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Winship Middle School part of?
Winship Middle School is part of Eureka City Schools School District.
Review Winship Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities