George Gervin Academy
- School Type: Alternative school / Charter School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 753 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Btm 50% in TX)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-34% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 51% TX state average), while 30-34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% TX state average).
What is the graduation rate of George Gervin Academy?
The graduation rate of George Gervin Academy is 80%, which is lower than the Texas state average of 89%.
How many students attend George Gervin Academy?
753 students attend George Gervin Academy.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
52% of George Gervin Academy students are Hispanic, 44% of students are Black, 2% of students are White, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of George Gervin Academy?
George Gervin Academy has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does George Gervin Academy offer ?
George Gervin Academy offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-12
Review George Gervin Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities