George Washington Elementary School
- George Washington Elementary School's student population of 531 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||531 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George Washington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#5277 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hanford Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Armona Crossroads Charter Grades: K-12 | 145 students
418 W. 8th St.
Armona, CA 93202
(559)583-5060 0.6 K-12 145
- Hanford Monroe Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 730 students
300 Monroe Dr.
Hanford, CA 93232
(559)585-3745 0.6 K-6 730
- Hanford Hanford High School Grades: 9-12 | 1506 students
120 E. Grangeville Blvd.
Hanford, CA 93230
(559)583-5902 0.7 9-12 1506
- Hanford Kings County Special Education Grades: K-12 | 293 students
959 Katie Hammond Ln.
Hanford, CA 93230
(559)589-7092 0.9 K-12 293
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.