Early County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Early County School District, serving 2,158 students.
- Public school in Early County School District have an average math proficiency score of 32% (versus Georgia public school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 23% (versus 41% Georgia statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Georgia.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Early County Elementary School, with 37% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Georgia or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Early County Middle School, with 26% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Georgia or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Georgia public school average of 60% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Georgia public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Early County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.early.k12.ga.us|
|School District Phone Number||(229)723-4337|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||2,378 Schools|
|# of Students||2,158 Students||1,776,503 Students|
|# of Teachers||169 Teachers||114,052 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
- Early County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 207 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||3,468 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 Students||69,630 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||56 Students||267,734 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,482 Students||656,156 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||568 Students||715,558 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,877 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||35 Students||61,930 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||117||47,570|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||137||127,825|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||150||130,600|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||142||135,552|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||165||139,123|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||153||138,519|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||149||135,856|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||147||133,733|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||169||133,574|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||153||132,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||199||150,754|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||142||136,789|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||172||121,922|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||163||112,247|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,577 is higher than the state average of $10,277. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,041 is higher than the state average of $10,242. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|Total Revenue||$26 MM||$33 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,577||$10,277|
|Spending / Student||$11,041||$10,242|
Early County School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | GA School Rank)
- Blakely Early County Elementary School 283 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Blakely, GA 39823
Grades: PK-5 | 1013 students
- Blakely Early County High School 12020 Columbia St
Blakely, GA 39823
Grades: 9-12 | 676 students
- Blakely Early County Middle School 12053 Columbia St
Blakely, GA 39823
Grades: 6-8 | 469 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.