- Ghent K-8's student population of 513 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||513 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ghent K-8 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1149 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Norfolk City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Matthew Fontaine Maury High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,673 student
322 Shirley Ave
Norfolk, VA 23517
(757) 628-3344 0.1 9-12 1,673
- Norfolk P.b. Young Senior Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 492 students
543 E. Olney Rd
Norfolk, VA 23510
(757) 628-2588 0.6 PK-2 492
- Norfolk James Monroe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 321 students
520 W 29th St
Norfolk, VA 23508
(757) 628-3500 0.8 PK-5 321
- Norfolk Kings Daughters Hosp. Ep. Grades: PK-12
601 Childrens Ln, Rob3
Norfolk, VA 23507
(757) 668-7061 0.8 PK-12 n/a
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.