Gibbs Elementary School
Gibbs Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Gibbs Elementary School's student population of 295 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gibbs Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2932 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Life Skills Center Of Canton Grades: 9-12 | 107 students
1100 Cleveland Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44702
(330)456-4490 0.7 9-12 107
- Canton Belle Stone Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 369 students
2100 Rowland Ave Ne
Canton, OH 44714
(330)452-6521 0.8 PK-2 369
- Canton Barbara F Schreiber Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 314 students
1503 Woodland Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44703
(330)452-1672 0.9 PK-2 314
- Canton Canton Arts Academy @ Summit Grades: K-8 | 297 students
1100 10th St Nw
Canton, OH 44703
(330)452-6537 1.1 K-8 297
- Canton Belden Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 268 students
2115 Georgetown Rd Ne
Canton, OH 44704
(330)453-6902 1.2 3-5 268
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.