- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 637 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 82%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 36% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 51% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
36% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 51% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Gompers K-8?
637 students attend Gompers K-8.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
50% of Gompers K-8 students are Hispanic, 18% of students are White, 13% of students are Black, 10% of students are Asian, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gompers K-8?
Gompers K-8 has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Gompers K-8 offer ?
Gompers K-8 offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Gompers K-8 part of?
Gompers K-8 is part of Long Beach Unified School District.
Review Gompers K-8. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities