Stephen Foster Elementary School
- Stephen Foster Elementary School's student population of 721 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||721 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stephen Foster Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2539 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bellflower Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellflower Craig Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 664 students
6144 N. Clark Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562) 804-6540 0.6 K-6 664
- Lakewood Gompers K-8 Grades: K-8 | 749 students
5206 Briercrest Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90713
(562) 925-2285 0.6 K-8 749
- Bellflower Mayfair High School Grades: 7-12 | 2,839 students
6000 N. Woodruff Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562) 925-9981 0.9 7-12 2,839
- Lakewood Buena Vista High School Grades: 9-12 | 196 students
3717 Michelson St.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562) 602-8090 1.0 9-12 196
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.