Stephen Foster Elementary School
- Stephen Foster Elementary School's student population of 720 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||720 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stephen Foster Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2294 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bellflower Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellflower Craig Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 740 students
6144 N. Clark Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)804-6540 0.6 K-6 740
- Lakewood Gompers K-8 Grades: K-8 | 773 students
5206 Briercrest Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90713
(562)925-2285 0.6 K-8 773
- Bellflower Mayfair High School Grades: 7-12 | 2962 students
6000 N. Woodruff Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)925-9981 0.9 7-12 2962
- Lakewood Buena Vista High School Grades: 9-12 | 253 students
3717 Michelson St.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)602-8090 1.0 9-12 253
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.