Green Technical High Charter School
Green Technical High Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
Green Technical High Charter School's student population of 356 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Green Technical High Charter School is ranked within the top 20% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Green Technical High Charter School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#571 out of 4239 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Green Technical High Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Green Technical High Charter School is Onondaga Cnty Sheriff's Dept (1.0 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is Kipp Technical Valley Charter School (0.5 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Kipp Technical Valley Charter School Grades: K-8 | 492 students
321 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12201
(518) 694-9494 0.5 K-8 492
- Albany Edmund J O'neal Middle School Of Excellence Grades: 6-8 | 473 students
50 N Lark Ave
Albany, NY 12210
(518) 475-6600 0.6 6-8 473
- Albany Arbor Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 314 students
1 Arbor Dr
Albany, NY 12207
(518) 475-6625 0.7 PK-5 314
- Albany Brighter Choice Charter School For Boys Grades: K-5 | 319 students
116 N Lake Ave
Albany, NY 12206
(518) 694-8200 0.8 K-5 319
- Albany North Albany Academy Grades: PK-5 | 289 students
570 N Pearl St
Albany, NY 12204
(518) 475-6800 0.8 PK-5 289
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?