Green Valley Elementary School
Green Valley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Green Valley Elementary School's student population of 500 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Green Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#69 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Grandin Court Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 336 students
2815 Spessard Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2867 1.0 K-5 336
- Roanoke Clearbrook Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 342 students
5205 Franklin Rd
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)772-7555 1.3 PK-5 342
- Roanoke James Madison Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 630 students
1160 Overland Rd Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2351 1.6 6-8 630
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.