James Madison Middle School
- James Madison Middle School's student population of 630 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Madison Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1188 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Wasena Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
1125 Sherwood Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2914 0.6 K-5 245
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Governor School Grades: 9-12
2104 Grandin Rd Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2116 0.8 9-12 n/a
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 324 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 1.1 PK-5 324
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.