James Madison Middle School
- James Madison Middle School's student population of 630 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Madison Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Wasena Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
1125 Sherwood Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2914 0.6 K-5 245
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Governor School Grades: 9-12
2104 Grandin Rd Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2116 0.8 9-12 n/a
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 324 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 1.1 PK-5 324
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.