James Madison Middle School
- James Madison Middle School's student population of 585 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Madison Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Wasena Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
1125 Sherwood Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2914 0.6 PK-5 224
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Governor's School
2104 Grandin Rd Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2116 0.8 n/a n/a
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 1.1 PK-5 344
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.