Greenfield Intermediate School
Greenfield Intermediate School serves 494 students in grades 4-6.
Greenfield Intermediate School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 63% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 52% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Indiana state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 34% (majority Black).
- Grades: 4-6
- Enrollment: 494 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 10%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 63% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Greenfield Intermediate School's student population of 494 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Greenfield Intermediate School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,757 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Greenfield Intermediate School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#435 out of 1757 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Review Greenfield Intermediate School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.