Grenada Elementary School
Grenada Elementary School serves 2,017 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Grenada Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Mississippi for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 69% (which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 41%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the Mississippi state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Mississippi state average of 56% (majority Black).
Grenada Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Grenada Elementary School's student population of 2,017 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
The teacher population of 123 teachers has grown by 39% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Grenada Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 816 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Grenada Elementary School is 0.53, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MS)
Overall Testing Rank
#80 out of 816 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MS Dept. of Education
Review Grenada Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
Earn your associate's degree - or credit towards a bachelor's degree - before you earn your high school diploma. Learn about early college high schools and how they can help you jumpstart your higher education.
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
Learn which classes can best help students prepare for college.
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.