Haliwa-saponi Tribal School
- Haliwa-saponi Tribal School's student population of 169 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Haliwa-saponi Tribal School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2451 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollister Hollister Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 188 students
37432 Hwy 561
Hollister, NC 27844
(252)586-4344 2.3 PK-5 188
- Macon Vaughan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
2936 Us Hwy 158e
Macon, NC 27551
(252)257-6802 10.7 PK-5 240
- Whitakers Swift Creek Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 259 students
2420 Swift Creek School Road
Whitakers, NC 27891
(252)462-2840 11.1 3-5 259
- Nashville Cedar Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 196 students
8967 Cedar Grove Sch Loop Road
Nashville, NC 27856
(252)462-2830 12.0 PK-5 196
- Littleton Aurelian Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 304 students
10536 Hwy 48
Littleton, NC 27850
(252)586-4944 12.4 PK-5 304
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.