Handley Middle School
- Handley Middle School's student population of 566 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||566 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Handley Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#582 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Handley High School Grades: 9-12 | 479 students
100 Tiger Circle
Roanoke, AL 36274
(334)863-6815 1.3 9-12 479
- Roanoke Knight Enloe Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 490 students
430 Park Ave
Roanoke, AL 36274
(334)863-2237 1.3 PK-3 490
- Wedowee Randolph-roanoke Career Technical Center Grades: 10-12
960 Main St S
Wedowee, AL 36278
(256)357-2839 12.8 10-12 n/a
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.