Handley Middle School
- Handley Middle School's student population of 562 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Handley Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#533 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Handley High School Grades: 9-12 | 493 students
100 Tiger Circle
Roanoke, AL 36274
(334)863-6815 1.3 9-12 493
- Roanoke Knight Enloe Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 503 students
430 Park Ave
Roanoke, AL 36274
(334)863-2237 1.3 PK-3 503
- Wedowee Randolphroanoke Career Technology Center Grades: 9-12
960 Main Stsouth
Wedowee, AL 36278
(256)357-2839 12.8 9-12 n/a
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.