Harborside Elementary School
- Harborside Elementary School's student population of 708 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||708 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harborside Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#5079 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chula Vista Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chula Vista East Hills Academy Grades: 7-12 | 80 students
1791 Rock Mountain Rd.
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619)656-2490 0.5 7-12 80
- Chula Vista Options Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 133 students
467 Moss St.
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619)796-7320 0.7 7-12 133
- Chula Vista Chula Vista Learning Community Charter Grades: K-12 | 1,536 student
590 K St.
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619)426-2885 0.8 K-12 1,536
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.